An Aero Template is a way to write down the recipe for the services your firm provides. It allows you to standardize your services, creating processes that are repeatable from client to client and team member to team member. Aero Templates are generally not assigned to any staff person or client and are not scheduled. You can use the process below to create an Aero Template "from scratch" or you can start by cloning a Library Template or create on using an existing Aero.
To create a new Aero Template:
- From theNavigate to Manage > Aero Templates.
- On Manage Aero Templates screen, click the arrow to the right of Manage Aero Templates and choose Add Aero Template.
- You will be taken to the Add Aero Template screen where you fill out the following fields. Remember- this is a standard template. When you use this template to create an Aero for a specific client, you will have the opportunity to edit all of the fields.
Category *Required Choose what kind of Aero template this will be: Task, Meeting, Email, Other Estimated Duration *Required The estimated time the task (appt, etc.) should take. Set Days To Due Date If there is a window of time to perform this task, specify the number of days in this window here. For example, if you are creating a template to reconcile accounts, you might want the start date to be the first of the month, but your staff actually has 7 days until the task is really due. The Days to Due Date would than be 7. Type Aero Types are set up by your firm and give you a way to sort and examine your work. For more on Aero Types, check out this blog article Choose an Aero Type from the dropdown menu or start typing to filter for the one you want. Assigned To The team member the Aero will be assigned to. When you create an Aero Template, this field is usually left blank- unless there is one team member who always performs this work. Company The client the Aero is assigned to. When you create a template, this field is most often left blank. Contact The main contact for that Aero. When you create a template, this field is most often left blank. Priority The Aero’s priority (Normal, Elevated, Critical). Priority default is Normal. Hat The type of job ‘hat’ the staff member is wearing for this Aero. Project The project this Aero is associated with (choose from the drop down menu or start typing a project name to find). When you create a template, this field is most often left blank. Billable If the box is checked, the time spent doing the Aero is usually billable. Fixed Fee Check this box if this Aero will usually be billed on a fixed fee basis. Subject *Required A short title for the template. This will be displayed on the Aero grids and lists. Description A more detailed description of the Aero can be written here. You can also add notes to your staff here if you wish. Close Click the Close button to close without saving and return to the Manage Aero Templates screen.
- Click the Continue button to save the information and go on to the Edit Aero Template screen where you can edit your template further and create steps.
- On the Edit Aero Template screen, you can add the steps you want your staff to follow when they perform this task. Remember– this is a template of the general procedure. When you use the template to create a task for a specific client, you can edit the steps as needed.
- To create an new step, click the Add new step button.
- Each step has the following information:
- Order: You can type in a step number as you are entering it.
- Complete: This box is checked as each step is completed. Generally when you are creating steps, this box will remain unchecked.
- Name: A short name for the step.
- Description: A more detailed description of the step.
- Action Link: A URL where some action will be taken during that step.
- Help Link: A URL containing some sort of help document. This can be internal or external.
- SOP Id: The number of a Procedure that you have created.
- When you are done adding steps, click the Save Changes button in the header of the Steps grid before you click the Save and Close button.
- When you are done, click the Save and Close button to save and return to the Manage Aero Templates screen.