When you want to create an appointment that will happen once and will not repeated, you want to use this option. If you want to create an appointment that recurs on a regular basis (like a weekly staff meeting), you want to create a Master Aero.
To create a new appointment, navigate to Manage > Aeros. Click the blue arrow to the right of Manage Open Aeros Due Today and choose Add Appointment from the drop down menu.
You can also create a new appointment from the Quick Links menu: navigate to Quick Links > Add Appointment. Either path will bring you to the Create New Appointment screen.
If you are syncing Aero to your Google Calendar, the appointment you create in Aero will appear on the "My Aeros" calendar in Aero.
- Fill out the Header information:
Scheduled Start Date *Required The date and time the appointment will begin. This field defaults to the date and time you open the Create New Task screen, but you can enter a different date by clicking the calendar icon on the right and a different time by clicking the clock icon. Scheduled Duration *Required The estimated time the appointment should take. This field defaults to 30 minutes if you do not enter a time. Time must be entered in the hh:mm format. Due Date If you want to specify a window of time for the appointment to be performed in, you can add an absolute due date here. Assigned To *Required The team member the appointment is being assigned to. Type *Required The Aero type. Aero Types are created by you and are used to organize your services. For more about Aero Types, you can check out this blog Company The name of the company the appoinment is associated with. This can be a client, your own firm, or perhaps even a vendor. Contact The main contact for the appointment. Status The status of the appointment (Not Started, In Progress, Completed, Canceled, Deferred). When creating a new appointment, the default is NotStarted. Priority The appointment’s priority (Normal, Elevated, Critical). Priority default is Normal. Hat The job ‘hat’ the staff member is wearing for thisappointment. Project The project this Aero is associated with (choose from the drop down menu or start typing a project name, company name, or project type to find). Billable If the box is checked, the time spent in the appointment is billable. Subject: *Required A short title for the appointment. This will be displayed on the Aero grids and lists. Description A more detailed description of theappointment can be written here. You can also put in specific instructions for the person performing the task. The description is internal and will only be seen by your Aero account Team Members.
- At this point you can save theappointment and it will appear on the assigned Team Member's list on the scheduled start date. To stop at this point and save the appointment, click the Create button.
- You can also decide at this point not to create thisappointment. If you click the Close button, no work will be saved and the window will close
- If you want to continue editing the appointment and add steps, click the Add Steps button. The appointment will be saved and the Steps grid will open. You can fill out the following information for each step:
- Order: You can type in a step number as you are entering it.
- Complete: This box is checked as each step is completed. Generally when you are creating steps, this box will remain unchecked.
- Name: A short name for the step.
- Description: A more detailed description of the step.
- Action Link: A URL where some action will be taken during that step.
- Help Link: A URL containing some sort of help document. This can be internal or external.
- SOP Id: Type a procedure number from your company's procedure list to have it as a reference for the person doing the task. You can find the procedure number by navigating to Manage > Procedures and finding the procedure you want to reference. The procedure number is listed in the blue View button.
- Lib Id: Type a procedure number from the Aero Library's procedure list to have it as a reference for the person doing the task. You can find the procedure number by navigating to Library > Library Procedures and finding the procedure you want to reference. The procedure number is listed in the blue View button. Note: in order to use a Premium Procedure your firm must have a Premium Aero Subscription.
- When you are done adding steps, make sure you click the Save Changes button in the header of the Steps grid. Steps that have not been saved will have a red triangle in the upper left-hand corner of each field.
- Depending on what header information you filled out for the appointment, you may see some additional links next to the Steps grid:
Company Info If there is a company name in the Company field, there will be a blue Company Info link. Clicking on the link will bring up a company information window with:
- Accounting Software: What accounting software package the company uses.
- Email Address: The default email address for the company.
- Lead Source: The source of the lead (if applicable).
- Account Number: The account number assigned to this company.
- Phone: The main phone number for the company.
- Fax: The main fax number for the company.
- Website URL: The company’s web address.
- Type: The company type (Customer, Vendor, Lead, Employee, Owner, Other).
- Active: If the box is checked, the company is currently active.
- Address: The company’s physical address.
- On Hold: If the box is checked, the company is currently on hold, and no further work should be done for them.
Company Aeros If there is a company name in the Company field, and there are any other Aeros assigned to that company, there will be a blue Company Aeros link. Click on the link to show the grid of all Aeros for that company. You can use the sort features of the grid to look for a specific Aero. The columns in this grid are:
- View: Clicking the blue View button will take you to the Edit Aero Screen
- User: The team mamber the Aero is assigned to
- Start Date: The original assigned start date of the Aero (not the actual start date)
- Hours: The estimated hours for that Aero.
- Subject: The title or subject of the Aero
- Status: The current status of the Aero (Not Started, In Progress, Completed, Canceled, Deferred)
- Type: The type of Aero.
- Rec: Whether or not this a recurring Aero (Yes/No)
- Tot Hrs: the total amount of scheduled work for that firm
Vault If the Aero has a Company assigned to it, there will be a blue Vault link. Click the link to see the entries in the vault. You can use the sort features of the grid to look for a specific vault entry. Note: Team members will only see vault entries with security levels that are less than or equal to their security levels. The columns in the vault are:
- Name: The name of the vault entry.
- User name: If the vault entry is a login, the user name would be here.
- Secured Value: This field is encrypted. This is where the password or other sensitive information would go.
- Description: a short description of the vault entry if needed.
- Type: The type of vault entry (General, Login, Bank, Notes)
- Security Level: Assigning a security level control who can see the information. For example, a vault entry with a security level of SL5 could only be seen by team members with an assigned security level of SL5 or higher.
- You can click the Show More button to see some additional information about the Aero:
- Email To: If this was originally an email there will be an email address here.
- Email From: If this was originally an email there will be an email address here.
- Email CC: If this was originally an email there could be an email address here.
- Email BCC: If this was originally an email there could be an email address here.
- Has Attachment: If this was originally an email and it had an attachment, this box will be checked
- Email ID: If this was originally an email, there will be an ID number here.
- Email Sent: For an Aero that involved sending an email, this box will be checked to confirm that the email was sent.
- Email Send Date:For an Aero that involved sending an email, there will be a date here.
- Email Type: (Incoming, Outgoing, NA) If this was originally an email there will be an email type here.
- Recurrence Type: (One Time, Occurrence)
- Deferred Reason: If the appointment has been deferred, the reason will appear here.
- Email Template: If the email was created using a template, the template name will appear here.
- Fixed Fee: If this appointment is for a fixed fee project, this box should be checked.
- Changed Occurrence: If this Aero was originally an occurrence of a Master Aero, but has been edited, this box will be checked.
- Estimated Hourly Rate: The estimated hourly rate being earned on this appointment
- Master Aero ID: If this Aero is an occurrence of a Master Aero, the Master Aero ID will appear here.
- Library Template ID: If this Aero was created using a Library Template, the ID number of that Library Template will appear here.
- Related Aero ID: If this Aero is related to another Aero, the ID of that related Aero will be here.
- Click the blue Save and Close button to save the Aero and close the Edit Aero window.