The timer in Aero uses software on your browser to work, so sometimes a setting in your browser can interfere. If your timer stops running while you are doing a task in Aero, here are some things you can try:
- Make sure you are using the latest version of Chrome.
- Clear your Cache.
- Make sure Automatic Tab Discarding is Disabled. Automatic Tab Discarding is an obscure Chrome setting that shuts down tabs it sees as inactive if your memory is running low. The tab still shows up as being there, it's just no longer active. To disable this feature:
- Type chrome://flags/ in your browser bar.
- Ignore the scary warning. You're turning something off, not on.
- Scroll down until you find Automatic tab discarding. It can be a ways down- these flags are in no particular order so just scroll until you find it.
- Select Disable from the drop-down menu.
If you've tried everything above, and you're still having problems, please contact support.