To reply to an email that you are reading, you can either click the Reply button in the upper right corner of the screen or choose Reply or Reply ALL from the drop-down list.
Once you click reply button, the reply window will pop open below the body of the incoming email. The From Name field will be auto-filled with the the name you entered in the My Preferences Screen. Email addresses will be auto-filled based on whether you chose Reply or Reply ALL. You can add more email addresses by adding a comma and then typing a name to search. You will be given a list of emails stored in Aero that match that name. You can also just type or paste an email address in the To, CC, or BCC boxes.
You can choose an Email Template to place in the Body of the reply. The template will be inserted above your signature.
The body of the email will have your email signature (that you set up in the My Preferences screen) at the top. The incoming email thread will be below that. To see more of the email body, click the black triangle in the lower-right corner of the email body to enlarge it.
Below the body of email, you will see some Aero information. Some of the fields will be autofilled with the choices you made in My Preferences. You can make changes as needed.
- Type - The Aero Type assigned to the email
- Company - The client or other company the email should be associated with.
- Project - The Aero project the email should be associated with.
- Hat - the Hat for this email.
- Billable - whether or not this email should be marked as hourly billable.
- Time Note - the notes that will be associated with the current time entry. Auto-fills with "Read Email" and the subject of the email.
- Add Comment - add an internal comment to the email. This comment will only be seen by other team members.
At the bottom of the screen, you will see the green timer button, automatically tracking time associated with writing the email. When you are done, click the timer button to see your options.
- Pause - Pause the timer.
- Reset - Reset the timer to 00:00:00
- Defer & Save Draft - Save the email as a draft and defer it to your list. The draft will appear on your Aero list as an orange envelope.
- Save & Send - Save email you've written, mark it as complete, and send it.
- Edit Time - Edit the timer.
- Delete Draft - delete what you've written so far and close the compose email window. No time will be recorded.