Zapier, a web application tool that allows software and web applications to talk to one another, will help you connect Aero to more than 1000 applications, such as Slack, Mailchimp, Google Apps, QuickBooks, Zoom, and Office 365.
Using Zapier can help you automate repetitive and time-consuming tasks. For example, if you want to add a new Office 365 contact to your Contacts in Aero, instead of entering the new contact manually, Zapier will do all the heavy lifting in the background and automatically create the contact in Aero for you.
Aero is currently in a Beta testing phase with Zapier. While we have confirmed that connecting Aero to other apps via Zapier is not going to break your Aero account, we cannot promise it will be a 100% bug-free experience for you. If you want to go forward and connect your Aero account through Zapier, follow the directions below.
How to get started with Aero on Zapier
While the Aero-Zapier connection is in Beta, there is a special workflow to connect your Zapier account to Aero.
- Click on this link: https://zapier.com/developer/invite/80494/2a2f15e7278dedb8986f83d0d3b853b1/
- You'll see "You have been invited to use Aero Workflow on Zapier". If you have a Zapier account you can click the Login to Accept Invite. Otherwise, click Sign Up to Accept Invite
- Once you're logged in, click the button to Accept Invite & Build Zap
- On the next screen, you'll be asked to create your first Aero Zap. Click the Create this Zap button.
- Set up your Trigger. During the Beta period, Aero can only be selected in the Action step, so you'll need to set up a trigger with one of 1000 other apps.
- Choose Aero Workflow as your Action app.
- Select the Aero Action you want to take. You can choose one of four different Actions in Aero:
- create an Aero Task
- create an Aero Appointment
- create a Contact
- or create a Company.
- You'll be asked to select an Aero Workflow Account. Click Connect an Account.
- A window will pop up asking for your API Key and Account Identifier.
- You can find your API key on the Manage > Aero Account. If you don't already have an API key, here is how you create one: https://aeroworkflow.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/115003669074-How-to-get-your-API-key Note that you use the same API key for all integrations. If you already have an API Key listed, DO NOT create a new one.
- Your Account Identifier is your Aero Account Id. It's located right above your API Key
- Copy and paste the information and click the Yes, Continue button.
- Zapier will show the Name of the Aero account you're connecting to. If it looks correct, click the Test button.
- If the test works, click Continue.
- Set up your Template. This is where you match information from your Trigger app to fields in Aero. Make sure that you select information for the required fields. You can leave any optional fields blank.
- When you finish setting up your Action, make sure you turn on your Zap!