To get started, click the orange Make a Zap! button from your Zapier Dashboard.
Note that you will get an error if this Zap tries to add an email address that already exists in Aero.
Set up your trigger
- Find your trigger app. Type in the search bar to find Google Contacts. Click on Google Contacts when it comes up. If you already have created a zap using Google Contacts, it will be listed in the Your Apps section where you can click to choose it.
- Select your Google Contacts Trigger. Click the radio button next to New or Updated Contact. Click the blue Continue button.
- If you have not already done so, connect to your Google account. Click the Connect an Account button, then choose the Google account you want to use for this Zap. On the next window, click Allow
- Click the Test button for your newly added account to test the connection.
- The Test button should turn green and say Success! Click Save + Continue.
- Choose which contact group you want to use for this Zap, or leave it set at all.
- Make sure you have at least one recently created contact in Google and click the Fetch & Continue button.
- When you see the Test Successful message, click Continue.
Setup up your action
- Choose Aero from the Your Apps section.
- Click "Show less common options" and then choose Create Contact from the list of Aero actions. Click the Save + Continue button.
- Click the Test button to test your Aero Workflow connection.
- The Test button should turn green and say Success! Click Save + Continue. If you do not get a Success! message, go back and make sure that you copied and pasted the API Key and the Account Id exactly.
- Setting up your template involves matching information from Google Contacts to fields in Aero. Note that if you have the Setup Preview turned ON, the information fields you choose from Google Contacts will have your sample data in them. For example, if you choose First Name, what will show up in the template is the actual first name of your sample contact.
- First Name: Match to the Contact First name
- Last Name: Match to the Contact Last name
- Default Email Address: Match to the Email field
- Office Phone: Match to Work Phone
- Home Phone: Match to Home Phone
- Mobile Phone: Match to Mobile Phone
- Facebook URL: Not available in Google Contacts
- LinkedIn URL: Not available in Google Contacts
- Title: You can match this to Job Title if you want to
- Twitter handle: Not available in Google Contacts
- Notes: You can choose from any of the Google contacts fields that don't exist in Aero to be entered in the notes section. You can choose more than one field so that you could have Birthday and Occupation and Comments all there.
- Click the Continue button.
- Review your template (filled with real data from your sample proposal) and then click the Send Test to Aero Workflow button.
- Go to your Aero account to see what the test Contact looks like.
- If you are happy with your Zap, click the Finish button. If you want to go back and edit your template, click on Edit Template from the left-hand navigation.
- Name your Zap and then click the OFF button to toggle it to ON.