If you've just migrated your firm to QuickBooks Online and want to connect your Aero account to your new QuickBooks Online account, Aero support will need to help you with that. When Aero talks to QuickBooks in the sync, it uses the QuickBooks Customer ID number to identify customers, not names. So Aero support needs to get the Customer ID numbers from your QuickBooks account and enter those ID numbers into your Aero account.
That is how we can make sure that customers are not duplicated. Here is what you need to do:
- Make sure that your QuickBooks account does not have duplicates. Go to My Books > Sales > Customers and de-activate any duplicates or use the resolve duplicate customers function to merge them. Check out the library procedure for resolving duplicate clients.
- Once you're done cleaning up your customers in QBO, open a new Aero trial account, using an email other than the one you currently use to log into Aero. Make it a trial account NOT connected to QBO. You'll need to do this in an Incognito window.
- After the account is created, go to the Admin menu in the new Aero account and connect it to your QBO account: https://aeroworkflow.
zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/ 115001875053-Connect-your- Aero-account-to-QuickBooks- Online
- Once you've done that, contact support and ask them to get the ID numbers from your temporary Aero and transfer them to your real Aero account.
- Once that is finished, we can delete the Aero trial account and then connect your real Aero account to your new QBO account.