During the first sync, Aero fetches your Jobs and Employees from your TSheets account. Aero will match Jobs to existing Aero Customers or create new ones. If Advanced Tracking is enabled in TSheets, Aero will bring in the Service Items and Classes from TSheets.
The Job-Company sync works like this:
- Aero brings in your Job list from TSheets and tries to match to existing Customers in your Aero account.
- Remember that software is very literal so ABC, Inc. (with a comma) looks like a different name than ABC Inc. (with no comma).
- If Aero cannot find an EXACT match, a new customer will be created in Aero.
- Existing Customers in Aero are NOT automatically created as Jobs in TSheets.
- If you don't have any Customers/Jobs in TSheets, you can export your Aero customer list and then import them to your TSheets account.
- If you want to sync to both QBO and TSheets
- Sync Aero to QBO first by clicking the Sync Now button in the QuickBooks Online section of the Manage Integrations page
- Sync TSheets to QBO in your TSheets account to make sure your Customer/Job list is the same
- The last step is to sync Aero to TSheets
- If your Aero account is synced to QBO and you decide to also sync it to TSheets, Your Aero time will only sync to TSheets. You can then move the time from TSheets to QBO if you want to.
- Read more about best practices on syncing Customers (Jobs) with Aero and TSheets
After the initial sync
- New customers added to Aero will be automatically added to TSheets as a Job
- New Jobs created in TSheets can be added to Aero by clicking the Sync Now button on the Manage Integrations page
- If you add a new Job in TSheets and add a new customer in Aero with the EXACT same name, it will be matched to the correct TSheets job
- If you create a Company in Aero that is not a Customer (Vendor, Lead, Employee, Owner, Other) no Job will be created in TSheets
- If your TSheets account is connected to your accounting software, best practice would be to add a new customer to your accounting system first, sync that to TSheets and the sync TSheets to Aero. Jobs created in TSheets are not necessarily added to your accounting software.
Employees, Service Items, Classes
- If you add new Employees, Service Items, or Classes to your TSheets account, they are not automatically added to your Aero account. Navigate to Admin > Manage Integrations and click the Sync Now button to add them to your Aero account.
- If you have Auto-sync time enabled, every time any user either Saves & Completes or Saves & Defers an Aero, a time entry will be sent to TSheets.
- Time only syncs one way, from Aero to TSheets.
- The information sent to TSheets with each Time Entry is:
- the time (as a fraction)
- the time notes
- the TSheets Employee
- the Service Item (if Advanced Tracking is enabled in TSheets)
- the Customer/Job
- the Class (if Advanced Tracking is enabled in TSheets)
- billable status (Yes/No)
- If you have Advanced Tracking enabled in TSheets and you have Service Items and/or Classes required in TSheets, then you must match your Aero Types to the appropriate Service Item/Class or time will not sync.
- If you edit a Time Entry in Aero, it will be updated in TSheets.
- If you edit a time Entry in TSheets it will not be updated in Aero, even if you click the Sync Now button in Aero.
- If you have not checked Auto Sync Time on the Manage > My Company page, you can approve multiple time entries at the same time using Batch Update Times.