If you are having trouble with Aero or QuickBooks Online, a common fix from support is to “clear your cookies”. This a very nuclear fix to a specific problem since clearing all cookies deletes the good as well as the bad. A better option is to just delete the cookies associated with the website that is giving you trouble. The steps below outline how to do this in Chrome (the preferred browser for Aero and most other cloud-based apps), but all browsers have this option buried somewhere.
To clear specific cookies in Chrome, follow these steps:
- Go to Chome settings by clicking on the 3 dots in the upper right-hand corner of your browser window, and select Settings.
- Select Advanced from the bottom of the settings page:
- Go to Content Settings by clicking on the small triangle.
- Select Cookies and then select See all Cookies and site data
- In the Search box type a term that will let you filter for just the app that is giving you issues, like “aero” or “intuit”. You can then delete selectively or click on Remove All Shown.