You can connect Aero to SmartVault by using the Customer Vaults and adding links to specific documents in a particular step in Aero.
Connecting to SmartVault in the Customer vault
Use the Link field in a Vault entry to connect to a Customer's specific folder in SmartVault
- Log into SmartVault and find the folder or vault you want to link to and get the link. Copy the URL.
- Log into Aero and navigate to Manage > Companies. Find the customer whose SmartVault folder you want to link to and click the View button to edit.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the screen and click on the Vault tab.
- Click the Add new record button to add a new Vault entry.
- Give it a name (for example, "SmartVault folder") and paste the URL you copied into the Link field.
- Click Save Changes
- Now when someone is working on that client in Aero, they can click the Launch link for the SmartVault entry and the customer's SmartVault folder will open in a new tab. Note that the Aero user's access to the SmartVault folder is dependent on the permissions you have set up in SmartVault.
Connecting to SmartVault in a Task
Use the Action Link or Help Link field in a step to connect to a specific document in SmartVault
- Log into SmartVault and find the document you want to link to. Get the URL for the document and copy it to your clipboard.
- Log into Aero and Edit or Create the Aero, Master Aero or Aero Template you want to link to that document.
- In the Edit screen, find the step that you want to link to the SmartVault document.
- Paste the URL from SmartVault into either the Action Link or Help Link column.
- Click the Save and Close button to save your changes.
- When and Aero user is working on the checklist in Aero, clicking on the Action or Help link will open that document in SmartVault. Note that the Aero user's access to the SmartVault document is dependent on the permissions you have set up in SmartVault.